Leading Australian Resilient Communities
Supporting Australia’s regional communities to meet challenges and collectively drive the positive changes they want to see.
The combined resources and expertise of the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation, Regional Australia Institute think-tank and leadership development partners Leadership Victoria, Leadership WA, Leaders Institute of South Australia and Tasmanian Leaders represents a unique consortium of expertise in developing leadership in regional and rural Australia. Together we bring you LARC, offering an opportunity to boost capacity-building in regional Australia with the aid of practical expertise on-the-ground.
As well as compelling, immediate benefits for regional leaders, LARC builds a foundation for solid practices and strategies that will enable regions to best plan for the future and build healthy, sustainable communities with long-term input into national wellbeing.
Involving a combination of community-based future-forums, multi-day leadership development sessions, webinars, coaching and mentoring, up to 26 leaders in each region will receive scholarships to take part in LARC.
LARC is designed to enhance the inherent strengths in regional communities, providing the tools and support to work to these strengths, for example:
- Structures enabling effective community collaboration
- Data and insights that provide clarity about a region’s resources and challenges
- Place-based leadership development focused on practical needs and solutions within each unique region
- Coaching attentive to the diverse potential of all participating leaders
- A national leadership network for LARC leaders to tap into for support, inspiration and mutual learning